Monday, January 7, 2008

Obam~Obama~Rama! Global warming, nuclear style...

Some friends of mine are voting for Barack Hussein Obama. Good for them...but it puzzles me. I mean Barack is certainly passionate, exciting, hopeful, handsome, articulate, and inspirational. He is also inexperienced, young, inexperienced, and, uh, way too young to run my country. During the neighborhood Christmas parties, folks were professing their love and support for Obama. I can't figure it out.

The feel good, hope stuff is nice to think about, but I do not need the government to give me hope; I do not need the President to make me feel good, and I do not have the need Barack to tell me how to be a good father~~my Dad taught me that.

Keep me safe, get me oil, pickup my trash and fix my potholes.

Maybe some folks feel that standing for Obama equates to stamping out racism. A feel good vote that shows that this citizen is above the others. I'm not buying it.

Black, red, yellow, or white; Jew, Gentile, Catholic or Morman --it does not matter to me. Character and experience matters. I think Barack is too inexperienced to lead this country, especially in these trying times. The Edwards/Clinton/Obama crap of: two Americas, uninsured children, global warming, gay marriage, big oil, no oil, imported oil, high taxes, change, real change, end the war, pull the troops, blah, blah, blah...is just icing on the cake, as far as I am concerned. Security, terrorism, porous borders, Iran, Iraq, China, Pakistan and their nukes are situations that if not handled precisely from a position of strength, will make all other points moot. Global warming, nuclear style.

No comments:

Please suppport our advertisers...

Survive a PC disaster with Carbonite Online Backup